9/28/2014

Tine Sews: The Mosaic Shirt

I can't complain of not having enough tops, because I've been sewing shirts very often lately. It's always the same pattern ( blouse with peter pan collar from The Great British Sewing Bee 1 book, just modified by me and never yet made with the collar). This time I made it with a knit, that's unfortunately already sold out. It's a bit wide which I like and really lets the pattern of the jersey speak. What you can't see, is that I cut both sleeves as a right sleeve. Luckily I could adjust it a bit while tacking the seams on my overlocker. I think the construction of the shirt took me about an hour. Quick reward!
 
I'm pairing it with my me-made jeans and the me-made watch.

 
The pattern reminds me of the mosaic windows in churches.
























I used a twin-needle for the hem and sleeve finish. All other seams are done by my overlocker.
Sunday last week I did a cutting session and cut four more versions of the blouse in different fabrics, some with short and some with three quarter length sleeves or in dress length. I hope that it will help me to squeeze in some sewing time in the evening and then not be bothered by the whole cutting thing.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...